Say "I Do" to Chicago's Newest Intimate Wedding Venue
June 16, 2022. Chicago, IL. SOPHY® Hotel, the stylish 98-room boutique gem in the historic Hyde Park neighborhood, is now saying I Do to couples looking for a bespoke wedding venue with character and a personal touch. The scale of the hotel and design aesthetic are perfect compliments for elegant, small events on the big day. Named one of “The Best New Hotels in the World” by the editors of Travel + Leisure, SOPHY is located in the vibrant heart of Hyde Park, one of Chicago’s most prized neighborhoods, known for its dynamic, innovative and culturally diverse community.
SOPHY offers everything today's couples require to make their most memorable moment a treasured, picture-perfect day. The his neighborhood vibe and creative event spaces make weddings at SOHPY feel welcoming and personal. Festive reception fare comes from the hotels popular Mesler Chicago restaurant, overseen by Executive Chef Alejandro "Eddie" Arreola, the former Chef de Cuisine at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago and The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago.
SOPHY features an array of inviting and exquisitely designed spaces for all of the pre-wedding events and for the special day. The Opus Suite and Private Dining Room are ideal for rehearsal dinners, brunches, guest hospitality, or for the wedding party’s beauty suite to prepare for the wedding. Intimate cocktail hours and welcome receptions can be planned under the string lights in the outdoor Sanctuary, Mesler Chicago’s main Dining Room, or in the restaurant’s Bar & Lounge featuring a 15-foot-long fireplace. Elegant seated dinners take place in the Mesler Chicago main dining room or in the Private Dining Room, with more creative options for post- dinner receptions.
The hotel has launched a tiered menu of special wedding packages for Chicago couples, designed to suit all preferences and budgets. Packages start at a reasonable rate of $100 per person for the “Just Enough” wedding which includes an elegant, two-hour reception and increase accordingly, based on the added elements, such as personalized cocktails, seated dinners and late-night festivities included in the “VIP Access” wedding. Details and pricing for all of the packages offered can be found at https://meslerchicago.com/wedding-packages
“VIP Access” Package
$225 per person, plus tax and gratuity
- Cocktail Hour, in The Sanctuary or Mesler Chicago Bar & Lounge, based on number of guests
- Chef's selection of four assorted passed hot and chilled hors d'oeuvres
- European and Domestic Cheese and Charcuterie
- A personalized signature cocktail and one hour of premium hosted bar service, hand-picked by Mesler’s Food & Beverage team
- Seated Dinner in the Mesler Chicago main dining room and in the Private Dining Room, including unlimited wine service during the meal
- Four-course menu, including soup or salad, appetizer, entrée and plated dessert
- Champagne Toast
- Post-Dinner Reception, with a two-hour premium hosted bar
- Late-night food station
- Courtesy Room Block (for up to 10 rooms per night)
- Complimentary upgrade to a spacious Dorchester Suite for the newlyweds
- Two complimentary upgrades to a Novel Suite
- One VIP welcome amenity
- One wedding night VIP amenity, Chef’s choice
- Two Complimentary Parking Passes
- Pre-wedding Menu Tasting for up to four people
SOPHY also offers customized Wedding Weekend packages for couples wishing to round out the occasion with a fun program of curated Windy City activities for their friends and family. https://meslerchicago.com/wedding-weekend
All SOPHY wedding packages require a minimum of 40 guests and a two-hour minimum cocktail reception. Pricing is subject to 10.75% tax and 20% gratuity.
SOPHY® Hyde Park is a 98- room hotel in Chicago’s historic Hyde Park neighborhood that was named one of “The Best New Hotels in the World” by the editors of Travel + Leisure. Developed by The Olympia Companies and SMART Hotels, and managed by Olympia Hotel Management, SOPHY features Mesler Chicago Chicago restaurant, a fitness center and a private dining room. The hotel is located near the University of Chicago, the new David Rubenstein Forum, the Museum of Science & Industry, Frank Lloyd Wright’s Robie House and the site of the future Obama Presidential Center. SOPHY® is a member of the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Lifestyle Collection.
SOPHY Hyde Park
1411 East 53rd Street
Chicago, IL 60615
1401 East 53rd Street
Chicago, IL 60615