SOPHY® Hyde Park Celebrates Barack and Michele’s First Kiss with SOPHY® SO-In Love
SOPHY® Hyde Park, the 98-room boutique hotel in Chicago’s historic Hyde Park neighborhood, sits right across the street from the so-called Kissing Rock, marking the spot where Barack and Michele Obama shared their first kiss. That moment is commemorated with a plaque that reads, “’On our first date, I treated her to the finest ice cream Baskin-Robbins had to offer, our dinner table doubling as the curb. I kissed her, and it tasted like chocolate.’ President Barack Obama from an interview in O, The Oprah Magazine, Feb. 2007.”
In the spirit of the Obama’s time-tested love, SOPHY® Hyde Park, named one of “The Best New Hotels in the World” by the editors of Travel + Leisure, has introduced the new SOPHY® SO-In Love package in time for Valentine’s Day.
Couples will be greeted with champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries in their Deluxe Guestroom. They’ll enjoy dinner at Mesler restaurant with a $100 food credit, followed by complimentary ice cream for two, which was Barack and Michele’s first date treat. The romance continues with breakfast in bed for two delivered with a single rose. Better yet, the love doesn’t end on Valentine’s Day. The SOPHY® So-In Love package is good for the entire month of February.
SOPHY® SO-In Love
The package includes:
- Two nights in a Deluxe Guestroom
- Champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries welcome.
- One dinner at Mesler restaurant with a $100 dinner credit per package, followed by complimentary ice cream for two (Michele and Barack’s first date treat).
- Breakfast in bed for one morning of your stay (up to $50) delivered with a single rose.
- Rates start at $269, per night, based on double occupancy and a two-night minimum stay.
- Booking code is LOVE.
- Valid for stays through February 29, 2020.
- Visit SOPHY® Hyde Park to book.