Welcome Back to SOPHY®
Chicago Travel Advisory Alert
Effective January 15, 2021, the City of Chicago issued an Emergency Travel Order applicable to anyone coming into the City of Chicago from designated states with a significant degree of community-wide spread of Covid-19.
Travelers arriving from states in the ORANGE category, who are experiencing a case-rate greater than 15 new Covid-19 cases per 100,000 resident population, per day, over a 7-day rolling average, are directed obtain a negative Covid-19 test result no more than 72 hours prior to arrival in Chicago or quarantine for a 10-day period (or the duration of their time in Chicago, whichever is shorter).
You can learn more about the Emergency Travel Order on the City of Chicago’s Covid-19 website: https://bit.ly/chicagotravelorder
Should you become ill during your stay, please self-isolate, contact the Chicago Department of Public Health and notify the front desk immediately. We will promptly undertake additional COVID-19 protocols for your safety and the safety of other guests and employees. Customers should review all federal, state, and local travel guidance to confirm eligibility to travel. Due to government restrictions on travel, reservations may be subject to cancellation.
Providing a safe environment for our guests and team members’ well-being is our top priority. You will notice changes and new protocols intended to keep everyone safe as you enjoy your visit to Chicago. While we will always strive to exceed your expectations while you stay with us; however, we have simplified and reduced guest and staff interactions.
- Touchless confirmation of ID and credit card during check-in will be available. Proper hand sanitizing between each guest interaction will occur.
- We have enhanced our available housekeeping services to ensure the safety and well-being of all guests and our team.
- New spacing and sanitation guidelines for both indoor and outdoor dining at Mesler.
- Social distancing guidelines will be observed for seating in the lobby, lounge, and restaurant.
- All team members will be wearing face masks for their safety and the safety and comfort of our guests, when social distancing is not an option.
- All team members will receive our own in-house training on COVID-19 Safety and Sanitation Protocols.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) Items will be available for guests upon request, such as gloves and masks.
We are committed to the highest standards of personalized service, safety, and cleanliness, and are following the excellent advice and recommended protocols set by national, state, and regional agencies (including CDC, American Hotel & Lodging Association, Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association, National Restaurant Association, Choose Chicago, and the State of Illinois. Each operating department has its own set of customized procedures designed to keep guests and team members safe. We hope that this will put you at ease to enjoy your summer visit to Hyde Park, Chicago.
We remain committed to the outstanding housekeeping services and standards met through our brand requirements of Preferred Resorts, along with AAA.
Three tiers of housekeeping services will be offered to each guest:
- Upon Arrival: Each guestroom will be carefully inspected and stocked with various par items to ensure a safe and seamless arrival experience.
- Housekeeping Limited Service: Upon request, a member of our team will access your room to provide service and restock linens and amenities. Guests requesting limited service should coordinate with Guest Services in advance. It is required that the room be vacant when staff enter/exit.
- Housekeeping Drop-Off: Fresh linens and towels, along with any other requested amenities will be packaged and placed at your door upon request.
- Please be aware that Housekeeping stayover service is special request only (i.e. long-term guests staying more than 3 nights, etc.). As well, these services are only available till 4pm daily. After 4pm, we are happy to provide fresh towels, amenities and empty trash upon request and as needed.
The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces. In addition, the frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized. If you have any questions, please reach out to a member of our guest services team.
- Only guests with confirmed reservations will be permitted to enter the building. Guests will be buzzed in once a reservation is verified. Masks are required when unable to social distance.
- Our Guest Services Team will visually verify identification upon arrival. A chip & pin reader is available for payment, eliminating the need to hand your credit card to a team member. The reader is disinfected and sanitized frequently.
- Sanitized & disinfected keys are placed on the counter to minimize contact.
- Counters are sanitized frequently.
- A sanitizer station is available for use before/after checking-in.
- Upon departure, keys are placed in a drop box to be sanitized & disinfected by our team.
- Your method of payment will be verified and a detailed folio will be emailed after departure. A printed copy is available upon request.
- Luggage carts are available for use and will be sanitized following each use.
DINING AT MESLER:
- Seating capacity has been reduced in Mesler, the lounge, and the sanctuary based on recommendations provided by the CDC.
- Tables have been spaced accordingly to allow six feet between tables.
- All menus are pre-printed and presented fresh for each new diner.
- Table and chair cleaning is done between guests.
- Reservations are strongly encouraged.